Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Something touched my soul

Something touched my soul today, I am proud to say that it is something I wrote. My character "Sprite" found herself where I would put myself if I had the opportunity. Home. I have lived all over the world and all over the United States. I have tried to make a home of so many places. Even after I had a family of my own to care for, I still dream of the one place I felt at peace. the one place that could fill me emotionally with a sound, a smell, a sight. When I have taken care of anything that being a good parent requires, I have resolved to take my beautiful wife and move back home. I know that I should do it sooner, it would probably fill my children with the same love I have for the place. Unfortunately not all decisions are mine to make right now. When they are once again I will be doing whatever it is I have to do to get my family to my home. I will be doing them a great service, seeing their father happy and content is just as important for them as it is for me. My wife is completely behind this plan. Yet another thing that makes her so wonderful. If I gave her a date she would mark it on a calendar and put an app on her phone to count down the days. In the end, you have to stay true to yourself. If you have to try making yourself happy in a place. you don't belong there. I can't wait to step on the beach again, to put on a hoodie because the breeze from the ocean is cool on an August morning. I also can't wait to inhale the tranquility, view the spectacle, and hear natures song. Hopefully soon...
Charles Colp
Monterey Waves

No comments: