Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Where have my feet gone

I seem to have misplaced my feet. I know they were there a few months ago when I bought them some really nice running shoes. I have given them many gifts but they still seem to have left me. ok so maybe the problem isn't with my feet but what is inbetween.

After being layed off 6 weeks ago I have noticed a considerable amount of blubber has gotten in the way of my downward view. I know I need to lose weight and get back in shape, but with housework and the Rahal Straight from Laguna Seca in my front yard, it has been harder than I was hoping to get some in shape time.

I hit the road for a walk while pushing monkey in the running stroller the other day. I learned 2 things, that there are alot of hills over here, and that I am not in as good shape as I thought I was. It took an entire day for my legs to stop imitating hydrogen atoms in the core of a star and even then they still think it is a better idea to sit around and just clean house or so they tell me.

Weight gain is something new to me. 4 years ago I had to eat all day everyday and drink those nasty weight gain shakes to gain even a pound or two in a month. So I am wondering what changed, I got older....check, I had a Vasectomy....check, I became less active and spent more time in a chair at work...check. So I know all of the reasons why I have gained weight but it doesn't make it easier to deal with even if two of them are out of my control and needed to happen. Growing older is awesome to me so no complaints with that one, and the Vasectomy, well lets just say that I seem to have the ability to impregnate my wife no matter what we use for protection. I guess the last one is the only one I can affect. So today I will venture out with the 3 yo in the stroller, brave the speedway that is our small backroad, and walk somewhere fun. Maybe I can beat this and maybe I am doomed to resemble the great pumpkin and be taller laying down than standing up. But when I am on my death bed I will know I tried. Now to find my feet so I can put shoes on them.

1 comment:

twingly's Treehouse said...

I don't care what shape you are, I love you and you always seem to make me laugh, even when I don't want to!! :D