Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Off Track

     Sometimes you just need to get off track in order to remember why you were there. I took a short break from writing and it turned into a massive editing session.
   
     I found mistakes, repeated so often throughout all of my writing, that I just cannot live with anymore. I know this means I will also run the danger of over-thinking plots and characters but there must be a happy medium there somewhere. I am working to fix more of these repeating issues to cut down on the editing time so I can spend more of it doing the writing I love so much.
   
     All of this has also led me to make a painful decision and stop posting first draft work on my site until I have had a chance to at least go over it and then still guard it like a newborn until I am picking out beta readers. I am not sure what I will be doing with my site as I make these changes but I still plan to use it regularly and finish the story I left hanging. After that, who knows....



No comments: